Saturday, January 4, 2014

14 Things I'd Like To Do in 2014

Some people make resolutions. I prefer to think of them more as guidelines.  Here's some things I would like to do this year, though I doubt I'll do them all.

1)Say a rosary daily.
2)Begin and end each day with prayer.
3)Celebrate more feasts! (Starting with name days and patron saints.)
4)Be more intentional about observing fasts.
5)Yell less.
6)Treasure up snuggles and sweet moments.
7) Potty train Finn.
8)Start homeschool preschool activities.
9)Read a new book at least once a month.
10)Blog once a week. (Ha!)
11) Limit online time to naptime, nighttime, and nursing. (Basically anytime I should be interacting with my children, I should put my phone down.)
12)Grow food! (Even if I can't start my dream garden this year, I'd like to try some more container gardening.)
13)Invite friends over without becoming stressed about my house.
14)Sleep through the night.

Today is: the (transfered) feast of the Epiphany
Finn is: having a sleepover at "Dramma and Drandpa's house"
Gigi is: getting another tooth. (Poor baby and poor anyone who wants to sleep.)
Mama is planning to start rereading: That Hideous Strength by C.S. Lewis

No comments:

Post a Comment