As 2013 comes to a close and I'm the only one without a fever and a runny nose, it can be easy for me to let my downer of a New Year's Eve overshadow my perspective of the whole year. So in an attempt to end the year on a grateful note and start the new one with a thankful heart, I want to share 13 blessings our family has received in 2013. (I'd love to hear yours too!)
1) The sweetest baby girl (and the chubbiest) ever, Miss Genevieve Noelle. I don't even know how I lived two whole months of this year without this loving armfull. As Finn said today, when I asked if he was my buddy, " Gigi's your buddy too! I love her!"
Two buddies, one lucky Mama.
2) We have begun to discover so much more about Finn as he grows into his own personality. He's not just a trouble baby, he's a pirate, a little chef, mama's helper, a fireman, a book lover, a dump truck driver, daddy's partner in adventure, and Sir Finnian the knight. He's stubborn and precocious and pretty wonderful.
3) Becoming a family of four has made us all grow a lot. We have to depend on each other so much more. We've had to learn to work together and communicate for everything, as even getting out of the house is much more of a production. But I think we all appreciate each other and our family more as it had grown. Our love has multiplied, rather than spread out
4) We have been blessed with so many new people in our life, babies born (a neice, a nephew, and tons of friends' children safely delivered into the world) and friendships begun, strengthened and renewed. I especially have enjoyed getting to know other mamas.
5) We have been preserved through childbirth and illness (including more ear infections than I care to remember), through dangers known and unknown, thanks be to God and His Holy Angels.
6) We have tried to find new ways to live our faith, to work prayer, the saints, and the liturgical year into the rhythm of our days. We have a long way to go, but I feel God has helped as we lay the foundation for our Catholic family.
7) Johnfrancis and I celebrated our third wedding anniversary. It doesn't sound too long, maybe, but it's been the best three years of my life. I am so blessed to have this man as my husband.
8) We have been able to share another year of memories with both of our families, near and far, who have continued loving, supporting, and helping us.
9) We have had our first full year in our home, and we love living closer to church, family, and friends. Soon my parents will be closer too! We have been so blessed to have this place to raise the kids, (even if the toilet currently leaks, the faucet is wonky, and the doors are drafty.)
10) I have been able to get out of the house a lot more this year thanks to Jf's carpool. It's allowed us to be a one car family without a crazed mama.
11) We have had adventures everywhere from the ballpark to the water park, from Cedar Point to the cider mill, from the zoo to up north. Most of these trips were made possible thanks to the generosity of our family and friends and all of them were made better by their company.
12) We've never been without the blessings of good company, good food, good music, and good books.
13)Even though bI have slacked on my own blog lately, I feel like this year I have really enjoyed the experience of blogging and reading other blogs. Sharing the journey of motherhood certainly relieves some of its stress.
Today is: The Seventh Day of Christmas
Finn is: a very sick almost two and a half year old
Gigi is: Ten Months and getting over a cold
Mama recently finished reading: Shadows on the Rock by Willa Cather
No comments:
Post a Comment