Sunday, November 24, 2013

Acceptance

Some things I have come to accept since becoming a mama:

-The rooms in our house with blocks now outnumbers the rooms without.

-There is no right way to pack a diaper bag. You will forget the one thing you unexpectedly need.  If you do manage to avoid the exploding overpacked or lacking underpacked bag, you will leave the whole thing in the car.

-At the end of the day, I don't need to even check my clothes; they go straight in the hamper. Someone has undoubtedly smeared snot, bananas, breastmilk, or chocolate on me.

-Nothing is really mine any more, especially not if it's tasty, then everyone wants a bite.

-Bragging about your children immediately results in unprecedentedly bad behavior( in whatever thing you just claimed they did well).

-God has a sense of humor.  You asked for Him to make you a saint. He gave you children. 

- There will be days and weeks when the rough or trying moments outnumber the sweet ones, when you can't seem to do anything right, and when your kids seem to have overrun yourlife with absolute madness.
But it's worth it, and God gives you those sweet moments, no matter how rare to remind you.
The other day, I was sitting down to dinner with Finn after a long day with two sick kids.  My husband hadn't been able to come home yet and I was feeling tired.  I said to.Finn, "I'm glad I have you and Gigi. Otherwise, when Daddy was gone, I'd have to eat all alone."
"I will keep you safe when Daddy drives to work in his car," he said and gave me a spaghetti moustache.

Yup, totally worth it.

Today is: The feast of Christ the King
Finn is: a KNIGHT!
Gigi is: 9 months old! Already!
Mama just read: Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein

2 comments:

  1. We went to a friend's house the other night without a sippy cup, wipes, or the changing pad in the diaper bag.
    Time to re-pack.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello there! Iris Hanlin, writer/blogger/photographer, writing to you from cyber-world, inviting you to join by blog, Country Girl’s Daybook. This is where I muse about a wide range of topics: fashion, photography, food, lifestyle, and travel.

    I think you’ll enjoy it, and I hope to see your name around these parts! :)

    ReplyDelete