We all complain sometimes, but deep down you gotta love the mitten.
10)Hands=Map
This may be the silliest reason ever, but can I help it that I am completely enchanted by the fact that I always have a map of my home state with me? Who doesn't love cartographic hands?
![]() |
| Not my hand, but helpful. |
9)Proximity to Canada
I might not take advantage of this very often, but I just love knowing that, anytime I feel like it, I can visit another country. It's my inner adventurer. Canada, exotic, eh?
8) Rural Roads
If you've ever taken the "back roads" through Michigan farms or forests, you know how beautiful this state can be. Ever seen the fog hanging over farmland in the early morning as the sun starts to rise? Even tractors can look mystical.
7)Local Produce
![]() |
| Are these Michigan Blueberries? |
6 & 5) The Detroit Zoo and The Detroit Institute of Arts
We really have an excellent zoo and the DIA is spectacular. Childhood memories should always include exotic animals and a hall of armor.
4)Cider Mills, Apple Orchards, and Pumpkin Patches
Autumn needs these things, especially cider and doughnuts, the taste of fall. Carving a pumpkin is more fun when you pick it yourself, and baking an apple pie with hand-picked apples gives you a real sense of ownership. This is my pie. I picked it myself
| Apple Cupcakes that my sister-in-law and neice made for my birthday. I love fall in Michigan! |
3)There are FOUR seasons
Sometimes it seems like those seasons are summer, almost winter, winter, and more winter. But despite the long freeze, I couldn't live without the change of seasons. I can't imagine not having leaves that change colors, snow for Christmas, and the first giddy excitement of spring after months of ice and slush.
| Bundle up now, little buddy. |
2)"Up North"
This means different places to different people, but almost everyone in Michigan has somewhere to go in the summer they consider "up north." Whether it's on a lake, in the woods, or up in the U.P., it means summertime fun with family and friends.
1) Great Lakes State= Great Times
The Great Lakes are spectacular. Wonderful for swimming, hanging out on the beach, boating, you name it. They are gorgeous and fun, without any of that salt or sharks nonsense. Not that I don't love the sea. I just love living close to the Great Lakes. H.O.M. E. S. = one of the best things about my home state
| Cousins! |
Ultimately, Michigan is my home. My family and friends are here. This is where we are starting our little family, and I think it's not a bad place to grow up.
Today is: The Feast of St. Luke
Finn is: 13 weeks and 5 days
Mama is Reading: Kim by Rudyard Kipling



No comments:
Post a Comment