Once again the weekends have stolen all our rest, time, and money. Poor Finn was dragged everywhere in his dreaded car seat, passed around like a hot potato, and put to bed and woken up at strange hours (he took it all quite well, actually). I thought weekends were supposed to be relaxing!
Nevertheless, I wouldn't trade my weekend. We had such a great time with the visiting Hendersons. The real reason they came was Elizabeth's great idea to throw a party for Teresa. There's nothing quite like a surprise birthday party, 2 months early. Though technically, since we told her it was her surprise 30th birthday party, it was 2 years and 2 months early. It worked splendidly, since she, obviously, didn't see it coming. The best part was an "excuse" to be with people I love so much. I was so happy to spend time with them, we were even a little giddy on Friday night. (Making plans with hyper twenty-somethings is just about as hard as with hyper toddlers, though your plans usually involve more pizza and beer.)
 |
| I am usually too afraid to make a layer cake, but this turned out beautifully! |
This is really what weekends are for, refreshing your spirit, if not your body. Spending time with my family and friends, made my lack of sleep definitely worth it. It reminded me that man does not rest to work, but works so that he can rest and devote himself to what really matters, like friendship. And cake, of course.
 |
| Yellow cake with Chocolate Buttercream Frosting for Teresa's Party |
|
 |
| OOOO Trucks! |
 |
| Isn't he darling? |
 |
| Going for a walk with our friends. |
 |
| Recovering from the weekend |
|
Today is: The Feast of St. Raphael
Finn is: 14 weeks and 4 days old
Mama is reading: Kim by Rudyard Kipling
No comments:
Post a Comment