Monday, October 28, 2013

7 Quick Catch Up Takes

I haven't posted lately, mostly because my blogger app keeps malfunctioning and won't let me edit posts.  Which means I have to write this one all in one go. So here's seven quick takes on what we've been doing, thinking, and learning over here.

1. I hope you all get a chance to see Joss Whedon's Much Ado About Nothing.  It is an excellently staged version of my favorite comedy with a modern setting(the director's home) that does not lose the brilliance of the language and emotional drama.  (Be warned of several inappropriate scenes for young viewers.)
Well done, Mr. Whedon.  I loved your take on the bard and I want your house.

2.,When Finn gets over tired, the terrible twos are raging at our house.  He's also cutting three new teeth, as he's a little behind in the dental department.  I'm trying, however, to remember all the things I love about having a two year old.  So here's some things that I love about two for the next few takes:

I love when Finn tries to pretend something but I have no idea what. His descriptions are hilarious. For example:
"This is a banana slide, mama.  It goes like this 'bum bum bum (stomping feet.
). And then like this, let me show you, and it's like a crazy thing."
Suuuuuure, buddy.

3. It 's so cute when you hurt yourself and he asks, " can I kiss it, Mama? You feel better?"
  I also love having an audience that claps for the simplest tasks, like cleaning the toilet, " Yay, you did it, Mama!"

4. It's great that we can finally read real picture books together, with more than a few words on every page.  I can see how he begins to understand simple plots and feel for the characters.  I cannot wait to share more of my favorite books with him.

5. Genevieve is moving! She can finally pull herself forward when she really wants something, like stinky shoes. She can also stand for a short time and give her mama kisses.

6. Little Miss Gigicakes has heretofore proved herself unwillingly to eat solid food, but she actually opened her mouth for yogurt today and destroyed an orange slice with great gusto.  A breakthrough, perhaps?

7. The whole family is enjoying the fall. We went to a Halloween fun fest yesterday and enjoyed candy, hay ride, a petting zoo, and cider!  We've been getting our fill of apples, squash, and pumpkin spice everything. I love October, don't you?

Today is the feast of: Sts. Simon and Jude
Finn is: Superman
Gigi is: a love bug
Mama is reading: Our Lady of Fatima by William Thomas Walsh

   

No comments:

Post a Comment