Mom and Dad,
Thank you for:
10)Bribing, cajoling, and occasionally physically forcing me to take medicine.
9)Peeling, coring, cutting, de-crusting, and generally preparing my food so that I could tear it apart, spit it out, and throw it on the floor.
8)Washing me, despite my aversion at several ages to water, washcloths, and soap.
7)Acknowledging, in public, that you were my parents even when I was crying, screaming, or throwing a tantrum.
6)Clipping my nails, no easy feat, in order that I would not gauge out anyone's eyes, including my own.
5)Allowing me use you as my personal snot-rag.
4)Nights you didn't sleep because you had to care for me, rock me to sleep, or worry about me.
3)Giving me the illusion that I was helpful, even when I made things infinitely slower and more difficult.
2)Relinquishing your right to eat your own food and to eat it when you wanted to, aka when it was still hot or cold, respectively.
1)Not selling me to the zoo, the circus, or the gypsies.
Today is: The Feast of St. Seraphina
Finn is: (two days from) 20 months old
Mama is : remembering reading fondly
Little Gigi is: Three and a Half Weeks Old

No comments:
Post a Comment