Finn has his nine month checkup today, and although his intense growth has leveled off a bit, he is still weighing in at a respectable TWENTY ONE POUNDS AND TEN OUNCES. . . ahem. Sorry, I got a little carried away there. He's also 29 inches tall, which is hardly anything to sneeze at. Only seven more inches for the Junior Gemini. (If you don't know what I'm talking about, get yourself and your non-infant children to Cedar Point ASAP).
I feel like doctor's appointments are like tests: I stress out about them, get prepared far beyond what is necessary, and it turns out to be not that big of a deal. Somehow I imagine Finn's doctor, who is ridiculously nice and laid-back, will be checking for dirt behind his ears and asking me tough questions like "What's his fiber intake?", "Do you let him put germ-filled things in his mouth?" ,(as I type this he is pulling everything out of my purse) and "Do you read to him everyday? Different books or the same four over and over again?" Of course, once I'm there they are simply questions like "Is he pooping okay?". It turns out that, just like Mrs. Farmer didn't actually want me to fail physics, the pediatrician does not want me to fail at having a healthy baby. Most likely, I still just work myself up so that I can feel good about acing the test. Good job Megan, you rock at multiple choice and not letting your baby starve.
In other news, Finn went to his first Tigers game, figured out how to flush the toilet, and has been climbing everything in sight (including, but not limited to, Daddy, Lucy's picnic table, on top of footstools, and an attempt at his dresser).
Here's some photos of what we've been up to:
| Drinking Yogurt |
| Baking Honey Oat Bread |
| Looking Crazy while Crawling Under Tables |
| Making Lentil Spinach Soup with Meatballs |
| Chillin' like a Villain (with a Sippy Cup) |
Finn is: Nine Months, One Week, and Two Days Old
Mama is reading: Last Chance to Eat by Gina Mallet
No comments:
Post a Comment