For Julie's My View Link Up, I thought I would share my view across the table, every day.
This Guy:
"I'm going to have some of my beer now.
This beer tastes awesome."
Guys, it's water. I swear. As Finn has an aversion to drinking any liquid unless he's absolutely parched, I don't say anything if he wants to pretend it's something else. I just hope he doesn't go around doing this in public. I feel the disapproving glowers already.
Also, my view of our side yard on sunny days.
Please take a minute to appreciate our medow-like grass and dandelions. Last mowed: August 2013?
Now on to Kendra from Catholic All Year's Answer Me This hosted by Haley at Carrots for Michaelmas.
1. What's the scariest thing that's ever been in your yard?
Ugh. Rats. Definitely Rats. Our town has had a recent rat issue. I haven't seen one, but have heard some ominous scurries.
![]() |
| It had to be rats. |
Second place for scariest goes to Finn throwing a tantrum because he has to come inside. The boy loves the outdoors. Now Gigi does too. She follows me around with her coat, whining sad whines to go out.
2. Beards. Thumbs up or thumbs down?
Thumbs up. I definitely request the husband keep his beard. Even though it's like a sweater for his face, which is not the greatest in the summer.
Though I'm a bit leery of beards of the famous Edward Lear limerick proportion. No owls or wrens in the beard, please.
3. If stuff breaks, can you fix it?
Can I? Or Will I? I have two immediate responses: 1) If it's mechanical, electrical, chemical or nuclear, I ask my dad or husband to fix it. 2) I set it aside for "Later." You know, the place stuff goes to die. I relate to the story my mother-in-law likes to tell:
Her oldest son tore his favorite pants and, when he saw she had put them in the "mending pile," began to cry. "I like those pants!" he said. He knew he might never see them again.
4. What was your first car?
I rocked a red two-door Ford Focus. Just enough room for me and my CD collection.
5. How often do you eat out?
I like restaurants way more than my husband does, but we still manage a date night about every other month or so. My sister will often take the kids and me out to lunch, though. Yum. I love lunch.
I probably shouldn't tell you how often we get T-Bizzle. Too much. Or, according to Jf, "not nearly enough."
6. Why is your hair like that?
Like a frizzy, crazy thing? God made it that way.
Long? Because I made my husband promise not to let me cut it. Because when I do, it goes from a frizzy, crazy thing to the frizziest, craziest thing. Not to mention all the horrible lengths between the cute short one and oh my goodness I can finally have a ponytail again. Not pretty.
A color somewhere between blond, brown, red, and dirty dishwater? It takes a long time to get rid of fake color in this much hair. And crazy colors (like green, which I once tried for St. Patrick's Day in high school) give me a much more noticeable halo of frizz.
Greying? You had to bring that up, didn't you? It's ok. I still love you.
Today is: The Feast of St. Pope John I
Finn is: 34 months old and really good at the Star Wars theme song and imperial march
Gigi is: 15 months old and making some great animal sounds
Mama is once again sucked into middle grade fantasy:
The False Prince by Jennifer A. Neilson





No comments:
Post a Comment