Friday, February 14, 2014

To My Valentine (baby)

My Genevieve, Gigicakes, Princess, Muffin, Dolly, Sweetheart,

A year ago I received the best valentine ever, and you have been that ever since: a gift.  You were the sweetest newborn, so that when your brother had an ear infection for a month you would nap with him on my chest. You were the most delightfully pudgy thing I'd ever seen, reminding me, as I lost my pregnancy weight that beautiful doesn't equal skinny.  Your sweet pink tongue salute has transformed to a  gap toothed smile, but you are still beaming with joy.  You are so brave as you learn to walk, so exuberant with life as you learn about the adventures of water, eating, snow, puppies, and making new friends.  Your gentle nature and constant affection are a continual source of comfort as I navigate being a mama to two babies.
Don't believe anyone who says the second born is loved less ( photographed and stressed over less, maybe).  I love you all the more for already having your brother, just as I love him more now that I  have you.  I hope you will always know that siblings are the gifts parents give their children for life.  And I hope you will always know that I love you, my perfect little girl, until you are my little woman and beyond.

Happy Birthday, Gigi!
Today is the Feast of St. Valentine
Finn is my Valentine's buddy
Gigi is One Year Old!
Mama is reading: Jayber Crow by Wendell Berry

No comments:

Post a Comment