| hiding in the closet and wearing his new cons |
His new favorite thing is anything which goes vrooom. or in his case a sort of guttural, "mmmmmmmmmmmm." Cars, trucks, construction equipment, rockets, trains, and even bicycles go "mmmmm," in case you were wondering. It is one of his new sounds that make sense. He talks all the the time, but very rarely with identifiable words (unless of course he really is conversing about Azerbaijan, which is what it often sounds like he is saying.) His other words include "ba-ba" (ball or bottle of beer depending), "dah-dah"(dog dog, not to be confused with dada), "ish" (goldfish, of course) "eyo" (hello, which he only says when pretending he is on a cell phone), "uh-oh", "oooo" (anything shiny, nice, or NOT ALLOWED), and "uh" (this actually means up NOW.) Not exactly a verbal wit, but he has time.
He is,as his Daddy says, "fiercely independent." By turns, this can be nice (not having to spoon-feed him everything or always carry him), terrifying (when he wants to walk down the stairs like a big boy without mama), frustrating (when he wants to feed himself with the spoon and gets yogurt EVERYWHERE) and hilarious (when he tries to wear daddy's shoes or clean the kitchen with a towel.) From my experience with older toddlers, I know that the desire to "do it myself" is only going to get stronger from here on out, so I hope I can have the patience to let him learn something slowly sometimes, rather than always doing it for him.
| Not quite ready for composing a symphony yet |
Finnian is really a wonderful, terrible, charming ball of boy. He might be a yelling, running terror in church, a cranky clothes-and-diaper-resister, and a natural genius at naughtiness, but at the end of the day, when I snuggle my little buddy, I know that I am so blessed to be his mama.
p.s. I am sorry for the lack of new pictures, my camera battery died. I will try to have pictures of my big boy and of our new house soon. At which time, I will also tell you about the crazy adventures of homeownership etc.
| A picture of the birthday boy, can't believe it was 2 months ago! |
Finn is: 14 months old (What? When did this happen?)
Mama finished reading: The Snow Child by Eowyn Ivey
Just a reminder of how much I love your blog! Keep posting ~ any time! And Finn is 14 months?! Inconceivable!!
ReplyDelete